That calendar you live by-the one with 365 days divided into twelve months-you can thank the ancient Egyptians for the handy invention that helps you manage your time. In this 10-day vacation, you'll marvel at many other amazing accomplishments of this remarkable civilization. The daunting Great Pyramids, the enigmatic Sphinx, the extraordinary temples of Luxor and Karnak, and the magnificent royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings are well worth the journey as are the sparkling treasures inside Cairo's Egyptian Museum, including the fascinating burial items from the opulent tomb of 'King Tut.' As you sail down the legendary Nile from Luxor to Aswan on this enthralling tour of Egypt, you'll also stand in awe at the preserved Temples of Horus and Isis, barter for goods at the bustling bazaars, and sway to the rhythmic drums on a relaxing felucca ride down the Nile.
Call (256) 891-0888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15832606
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairo||Welcome to Cairo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Cairo||CAIRO Guided sightseeing includes a visit to the Egyptian Museum.GIZA See the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids. (B)|
|Day 3||CAIRO-LUXOR||CAIRO Fly to Luxor.LUXOR Orientation tour. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 4||Luxor||LUXOR Embark on your Nile River cruise ship with lunch on board. This afternoon, guided sightseeing includes the Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||CRUISING: LUXOR-EDFU||LUXOR Guided sightseeing on the West Bank of the Nile features the Valley of Kings and Queens. Visit Deir El-Bahri, Queen Hatshepsut's monumental rock temple, before returning to ship. Enjoy a Captain's welcome cocktail party. Sail to Edfu. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||CRUISING: EDFU-KOM OMBO-ASWAN||EDFU Visit the Temple of Horus. Lunch on board while sailing.KOM OMBO Guided walking tour includes the temple dedicated to the crocodile and falcon gods. Free time to browse. Enjoy a Galabeya (traditional Egyptian gown) party on board this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||CRUISING: ASWAN||ASWAN See the High Dam before continuing to the ancient Granite Quarries and a visit to the Philae Temple of Isis. [LF] Sail on a felucca (traditional wooden sailing boat) around Kitchener's Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan. Take part in a Nubian Folklore presentation on board this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Aswan||ASWAN Disembarkation. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Aswan with an excursion to Abu Simbel. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time with your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 9||Cairo||ASWAN Fly to Cairo.CAIRO Free time this afternoon. Farewell dinner at your hotel this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Cairo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).