Easy Pace Budapest, Vienna & Prague (Winter 2020-2021)
Brochure Type: 2020 2021 Europe Winter
These three capitals, lush with magnificent cathedrals, imperial palaces and majestic castles, stand at the geographical heart of mainland Europe. Their history and culture are majestically intertwined by the powerful Habsburg dynasty.
- Budapest: Your Welcome Dinner is a treat of mouthwatering Hungarian specialties, accompanied by specially selected Hungarian wine, as you dine at the famous and elegant Gundel Restaurant.
- Budapest: Visit a traditional strudel house for a taste of sweet strudel and learn about the art of making this Hungarian delicacy.
- Budapest: Enjoy a Dine-at-Home experience as you are welcomed into the home of a local for a freshly-prepared meal, typical of the region. Dine with the family for dinner and learn more about their life.
- Vienna: Enjoy a choice of specially selected restaurants for your Dine-Around evening.
- Prague: Your Celebration Dinner at a specially selected Prague restaurant, encapsulates the very essence of the Golden City.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 23 Dec Christmas Day in Budapest & New Year's Eve in Prague. 28 Dec New Year's Eve in Vienna. These meals with replace included meals.
- Budapest: In new town Pest, visit Heroes' Square and spend some time in the popular pedestrian shopping street of Vaci utca.
- Budapest: With a Local Expert, visit the colourful Matthias Church in the heart of Budapest's Castle District.
- Budapest: Gaze out over the Danube and giant domed Hungarian Parliament Building from the heights of the Fisherman's Bastion.
- Szentendre: Explore the maze of lanes, churches and colourful houses in this pleasant riverside village.
- Gyor: Stop in this pretty town known for its Baroque charm.
- Vienna: The sheer opulence of Schonbrunn Palace indulges your senses. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road seeing the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Opera House, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Cesky Krumlov: Roam the cobbled streets of the picture-postcard town as you discover views of the famous castle.
- Prague: Bewitched by the gargoyles of St. Vitus Cathedral and ghosts of Bohemian Kings, experience a private tour with a local historian through the atmospheric courtyards of Prague Castle.
- Prague: Visit the Old Town Square and see the Astronomical Clock that delights onlookers every hour.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and admire the scenery as you travel through the Vienna Woods and Bohemia.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (256) 891-0888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110317
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Budapest||Welcome to Budapest.: On arrival at Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, enjoy a complimentary transfer to your hotel at 10:00, 13:00 or 15:30. Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at 18:00. Tonight you are in for a treat with your Welcome Dinner at Gundel, one of Budapest's most renowned restaurants for over a hundred years. Dine in elegance as you savour hearty, Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially selected Hungarian wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Budapest||Budapest, Queen of the Danube.: Drive along the elegant boulevards en route to Heroes' Square. Across the river in Buda, walk with your Local Expert along the medieval cobblestone streets of the Castle district to visit Matthias Church and admire sweeping views from the Fisherman's Bastion over the exquisite Parliament building. Make your way to a traditional strudel house to see pastry chefs at work, as they prepare delicious sweet strudel by stretching the dough and readying fillings. Enjoy a delectable taste of this famous delicacy paired with a rich aromatic coffee. Spend the rest of the day exploring the city at your leisure. This evening, perhaps you could stop for an aperitif of Hungarian Palinka in an elegant cafe in the old city or maybe opt for a glittering dinner cruise along the Danube? (Breakfast / Morning Tea)|
|Day 3||Budapest||Free Time in Budapest and Dinner with the Locals.: The day is at leisure to immerse yourself in Budapest's history, culture and gastronomy. Perhaps, visit a thermal bath (an institution in Budapest), spend time browsing the boutiques on Vaci Street or relax in a sidewalk cafe. In the evening, you are invited to a Dine-at-Home experience. Sit down to a hearty Hungarian meal and learn about life in this enchanting city. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||Vienna||Along the Danube to Szentendre and on to Stately Vienna.: Travel past the remains of the Roman settlement of Aquincum and along the Danube to the picturesque riverside village of Szentendre. This community has long been the haunt of artists, enchanted by its brightly coloured houses and quaint churches. Then, journey westward for a stop in the pretty town of Gyor, located on the confluence of the Danube, Raba and Rabca rivers. Cross the border and continue to stately Vienna, known for its elegant coffee houses and lavish architecture steeped in history. This evening, enjoy a Dine-Around experience from you choice of specially selected restaurants. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Vienna||Vienna and the Habsburgs.: Much of Vienna's present-day charm is due to the long reign of the Habsburgs. Join a Local Expert for a private visit of Maria Theresa's Schonbrunn Palace and its formal gardens. Then ready your camera for a dazzling drive around the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard, built along the lines of the old city walls, showcases many of the capital's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche. The afternoon is at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Vienna||Vienna at Leisure.: Discover the regal grandeur of Vienna, as you explore at your own pace. Perhaps start at St. Stephen's Cathedral - one of Europe's great Gothic structures - or browse the shops of the bustling Karntnerstrasse? You may wish to add another capital to your travels with a visit across the Slovakian border to Bratislava. Ask your Travel Director to recommend local attractions and restaurants, as you appreciate the long, summer evening in on of Europe's most elegant cities. (Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Prague||Charming Cesky Krumlov and Golden Prague.: Once over the Czech border, continue to picturesque Cesky Krumlov where you'll start with a brief orientation tour of this fairy-tale town, straight out of the Middle Ages. Enjoy some free time to explore and appreciate views of the Vltava River. Wander through the cobblestone, traffic-free streets, past colourful houses that lead up to the finest castle in the land. In the afternoon, continue through the green Bohemian countryside to Prague. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Royal, Prague.
|Day 8||Prague||Prague, City of a Hundred Spires.: Join a Local Expert for a guided visit to one of Europe's most beautiful and historic cities. Start with the 1,000-year-old Prague Castle, where you can admire the stained glass of St. Vitus Cathedral and spectacular views over the Old Town. Finish in the Old Town Square where the mechanical antics of the Astronomical Clock's glockenspiel delight onlookers each hour. The city is then yours to explore. Maybe take a river cruise through the heart of the city or walk in the footsteps of kings along the Royal Route? Czechs are passionate about their beer, so be sure to try the local lagers, alongside the Czech cuisine. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Royal, Prague.
|Day 9||Prague||Prague at Leisure.: Wind along cobbled lanes and discover a treasure-trove of hidden gems, as you explore Prague at your own pace. Perhaps cross the river to the castle district and experience the real Prague, away from the hustle and bustle of the city? This evening, tantalise your taste buds with a rousing Celebration Dinner of local specialties at a restaurant offering magnificent views over the city. Dobrou chut! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Royal, Prague.
|Day 10||Prague||Depart Prague.: Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. Departure transfers arrive at Prague airport at 08:00 and 10:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements as documents may not be issued at borders in Europe. (23 Dec) Festive Highlight Dinners: Christmas Day in Budapest and New Year's Eve in Prague. (28 Dec) Festive Highlight Dinners: New Year's Eve in Vienna. (29 Nov, 06 Dec and 23 Dec) Christmas Markets: These departures will explore in select cities.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class