Your escape to Switzerland begins in the dynamic city of Zurich, where you'll meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers for a welcome dinner served at your hotel. Your stay in Zurich includes an orientation of the Old Town. Your first stop on your guided tour of Switzerland is the picturesque, watch-making town of Biel, also called Bienne, at the foot of the Jura Mountains. You'll take a scenic drive to lakeside Neuchatel with its impressive castle and medieval cathedral. Stroll along the lake promenade before venturing to Montreux-situated on the shores of Lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps, and famous for its annual Jazz Festival. Your Swiss Escape includes a visit to the stately capital of Berne. Enjoy a guided tour of the city to see Bear Park, a panoramic view from the Rose Garden, the Old Town's Clock Tower with its painted figures, and the flowered-adorned fountains. In lovely Lucerne, be captivated by the Lion Monument, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards of the French Revolution, as well as the ornate patrician houses of the Old Town. Cross the famous covered Chapel Bridge to Lucerne's Jesuit church. Drive through the magnificent Swiss Alps via the famous St. Gotthard tunnel to the Italian-speaking area of Switzerland, home to the lakeside town of Lugano. Enjoy a full day to relax or explore this beautiful setting, before a farewell dinner on your last night in Switzerland. The wonderful memories of your Swiss Escape are made all the sweeter by the absence of high-season crowds on your stunning Switzerland escorted vacation.
Call (256) 891-0888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14885298
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Welcome to Zurich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Montreux||Walk through Zurich's OLD TOWN, Switzerland's center of banking and commerce, before departing on your Swiss adventure. You'll quickly discover that Switzerland isn't just home to the Alps, but also to some of the world's most beautiful lakes. First, stop at the foot of the Jura Mountains in the picturesque town of Biel, known as Bienne by the French-speaking Swiss, famous for watch-making, and explore the historical center. Next, enjoy a scenic drive to lakeside Neuchatel, dominated by the medieval cathedral and castle. Time to stroll along the lake promenade before continuing to elegant Montreux, famous for its Jazz Festival. (B)|
|Day 3||Montreux||This morning, a guided visit to the nearby CHILLON CASTLE is included. Beautifully located on the banks of Lake Geneva, the castle was used as a residence and toll station by the Counts of Savoy from the 12th to the 16th century. Spend the afternoon and evening at leisure. (B)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Arrive in the stately capital of Berne. Your guided tour starts with a stop at the BEAR PARK, symbol for the name of the town, followed by a panoramic view of the city from the Rose Garden. Walk through the beautifully preserved medieval Old Town, witness the hourly parade of painted figures at the Clock Tower, and marvel at the ornate, flower-adorned fountains. Leave the Berner Oberland and drive to picturesque Lucerne. This evening, enjoy [LF] dinner with regional specialties at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||During your orientation walk, be captivated by Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution. See the ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town, then cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit church. A breathtaking optional excursion is available to one of Lucerne's mountains. (B)|
|Day 6||Lugano||A spectacular drive straight through the Swiss Alps brings you via the famous St. Gotthard tunnel to the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland, and to elegant Lugano. Later, why not sign up for an optional excursion to make the most out of your stay? (B)|
|Day 7||Lugano||A full day at leisure gives you the chance to explore more of the local area. Join an optional excursion to visit the UNESCO protected Castles of Bellinzona. Tonight, a farewell dinner will be served at your hotel to celebrate your Swiss Escape. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lugano||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Milan, Italy.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Zurich: in single room $136, in twin $70, in triple $61Extra nights per person in Lugano: in single room $120, in twin $83, in triple $95
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).