GLOBUS 2020: Bonnie Scotland (GG)
7 days from Glasgow to Edinburgh
Call (256) 891-0888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14472278
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||Welcome to Glasgow! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax in Scotland's largest city. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Glasgow||Beautiful Loch Lomond is your first destination today, and a [LF] CRUISE past pretty islands brings you from Luss to the picturesque village of Balmaha. Then, enjoy a guided tour of a WHISKY DISTILLERY, where you hear about the ancient art of converting barley, water, and yeast into a heart-warming liquor. Next, visit STIRLING CASTLE, a great symbol of Scottish independence and favored residence of Scotland's kings and queens. Back in vibrant Glasgow, an orientation drive takes in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons. (B)|
|Day 3||Isle of Skye||A day of striking scenery. Follow dramatic mountain ranges and idyllic lochs as you proceed via the awe-inspiring expanse of Rannoch Moor, scenic Glen Coe, Fort William, and the 'Road to the Isles' to Glenfinnan. Take photographs of the viaduct featured in the Harry Potter films. At Mallaig, board your FERRY for the crossing to the Isle of Skye, the largest island of the Inner Hebrides and famous for its dramatic landscapes. Before dinner tonight, why not join an optional excursion to the spectacular Eilean Donan Castle, followed by a drink at a local pub? (B,D)|
|Day 4||Aberdeen||Return to the mainland this morning and trace the shores of Loch Ness on your way to the CULLODEN VISITOR CENTRE, where you hear the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans. Then, enjoy more spectacular Highland scenery as you drive into the Cairngorms National Park to stop at Tomintoul, the highest village in the Scottish Highlands, before arriving at your overnight destination-Aberdeen. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||In contrast to the valleys and rolling hills of the past days, today you'll travel along the shores of the North Sea and through rich, fertile, and wide-open farmland to Perth for a special visit to SCONE PALACE, the stately home of the Earl and Countess of Mansfield. During your welcome over [LF] COFFEE and SHORTBREAD, hear about the crowning of Scottish kings, including Macbeth and Robert the Bruce, then join your guide on a private tour of the Murray family home. Plenty of time later to explore the palace grounds. On to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club, founded in 1754, has given us the rules of golfing. A fun inclusion is the opportunity to hit a few balls at the [LF] ST. ANDREWS GOLF PRACTICE CENTRE. Cross the mighty Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh and tonight, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, a unique experience: board the former [LF] ROYAL YACHT BRITANNIA, once the perfect royal residence for glittering state visits and family holidays. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds off this exceptional evening. For departure numbers 0728 through 0818, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Edinburgh||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$300No triple room reduction Extra nights per person in Glasgow:in single room $173-$193, in twin $118-$138, in triple $114-$134Extra nights per person in Edinburgh:in single room $145-$255, in twin $92-$177, in triple $91-$175
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).